Req: Do not change Wallpaper after start of AWC

Post here any requests for changes to the way AWC works. You'll need to register so you can be notified of replies.

Req: Do not change Wallpaper after start of AWC

Postby Wurstwasser » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:35 pm

Hi Steve,

first of all: This is great software in the endless sea of crappy and disfunctional Wallpaper software. I was searching so long, ended in the ms powertoy wallpaper changer. Now I found AWC which is simply great.

It needs an additional option or command line switch! Let me explain why. AWC is in autostart.

1. My login window has a wallpaper.
2. A user (my wife) logs in, the wallpaper changes to the users one which has been left from the last windows session.
3. AWC starts via autostart.
4. The first it does is to change the wallpaper again, so this is already the 3rd wallpaper the user sees: this may be confusing...

So what is needed is an option to not change the wallpaper at awc start. It should only start, leave the current wallpaper and the counter should start from max.

Would be great if you could implement it!

Thanks so much
Michael
Wurstwasser
Friend of the family

Postby SteveM_Admin » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:04 pm

I'll add it to the wish list. I'll have to assign it low priority though as I think it's an option few people would use.

Steve Murphy
SteveM_Admin
Site Admin

Postby Wurstwasser » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:43 pm

Thank you! Hey I saw someone else was requesting similar, so we're already 2 people asking for this... :D
Wurstwasser
Friend of the family

Postby Wurstwasser » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

SteveM_Admin wrote:I'll add it to the wish list. I'll have to assign it low priority though as I think it's an option few people would use.

#2 is here: http://smurphy.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=3119 :D

maybe you could make it a command line option "/nostartupchange"? Anyway, it's done a great job here already..
Wurstwasser
Friend of the family

Postby SteveM_Admin » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:21 pm

Hi Michael,

This is clearly a case of great minds thinking alike :D: I had the very same thought myself. The beauty of the command line only implementation is that I can make a simple functional change without all the additional work of changing, and testing the preferences management.

I'll see about putting it in soon and release it as a Beta version sometime next week. I'll post here when it's done.

Regards

Steve Murphy
SteveM_Admin
Site Admin

Postby Wurstwasser » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:44 pm

SteveM_Admin wrote:The beauty of the command line only implementation is that I can make a simple functional change without all the additional work of changing, and testing the preferences management.

I'll see about putting it in soon and release it as a Beta version sometime next week. I'll post here when it's done.

Very generous, thanks!
Wurstwasser
Friend of the family

Postby SteveM_Admin » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:00 pm

Here you go: http://awc.smurphy.co.uk/AWC.zip. Just unzip this to your installation directory. Use /NOSTARTUPCHANGE on the command line.

Let me know if I've mucked anything up.

Merry Christmas

Steve Murphy
SteveM_Admin
Site Admin

Postby Wurstwasser » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:34 am

Thank you and merry christmas, lokks like it's working as expected! :D
Wurstwasser
Friend of the family

Return to Change