Stretch One Image Across Multiple Monitors

Post any requests for changes to the way AWC works here.

Moderator: SteveM_Admin

Stretch One Image Across Multiple Monitors

Postby digitalhigh » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Steve,

Great program! I really love the fading effects...it's a unique touch.

Here's my situation...

I run a triple-monitor setup. I got bored one day, and found a buttload of panoramic images, which I then scaled/cropped to 3072x768. I've got them all in a folder, and was hoping to use AWC to make them rotate on a set interval.

However, I cannot seem to find a way to tell the program to stretch one image across all three screens. Is this currently possible? If not...would you consider adding it?
digitalhigh

Re: Stretch One Image Across Multiple Monitors

Postby SteveM_Admin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:11 pm

This is already on my list of things to do but I've been a bit distracted by the big multi-monitor issues caused by Windows 7. I'll have a look at it again soon.
Regards

Steve Murphy
SteveM_Admin
Site Admin

Postby exxonvaldez » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:15 pm

I'm in a similar boat, I have two vertically oriented monitors at 1080 x 1920. I would love to have just one image as my background.

Any status update for this request?
exxonvaldez

Postby SteveM_Admin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:53 pm

I've finally got a fix for the Windows 7 issue (be posting a test version soon if anyone is interested) so I'll take a look at the monitor spanning in the next couple of weeks.
Regards

Steve Murphy
SteveM_Admin
Site Admin

Postby moverickslayer » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:31 am

before this option to stretch one image comes to life. I would like to know if you're planning to have the application both stretch smaller images on one screen, and larger (size of two screen for instance) pictures on two screen or more depending on the size or will these two be separate options? Personally, I would prefer that the application does both if possible, for i believe, since LCD screens are more popular, people tends to have high reso wallpapers and also x2 wallpapers as well. :|
moverickslayer
Made Guy

Postby SteveM_Admin » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:20 pm

The plan is to have an option to treat multiple screens as one logical display surface. Any of the resizing options will then work as if there was a single monitor of large dimensions. As a result, positioning and tiling will work in the normal manner but only one image will be selected for display at any one time.

FYI I've updated the note announcing the Beta availabilty to include the facts that the high CPU issue when tiling is now fixed (I think :roll: ), and the problems with display when the monitors weren't laid out in numeric order.
Regards

Steve Murphy
SteveM_Admin
Site Admin

Postby moverickslayer » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:51 pm

I was wondering, does that mean it is impossible to have AWC both switch to the mode mentioned above (consider all monitors as one when there is a large picture) and switch to a mode where it can display smaller walls as well (2 pictures on more) on the screens when they are smaller?

I don't know if the programming behind would be heavy but just willing to know if it is possible or would cause AWC to make too much usage of CPU?
moverickslayer
Made Guy

Return to Change Requests