Power Save Mode and auto pause

Post any requests for changes to the way AWC works here.

Moderator: SteveM_Admin

Power Save Mode and auto pause

Postby BMoshier » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:12 am

Hi,

I have a "Good night" power plan where the video card shuts down the monitor(s) after 1 minute (again this is for when I'm going to bed or leaving). The computer remains on for support of services (e.g. FTP) and to do taks, but why run the monitor, right?

I know AWC already "pauses" the rotation when a full application / game runs or when the screensaver is on. My request / suggestion is doing the same if the monitor is off (at least when turned off via the power options / video card). IMHO, it is a natural add-on to what is already a great feature.

Thanks,

Bert.
BMoshier
Inner circle

Re: Power Save Mode and auto pause

Postby BMoshier » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Just an update saying I'd still find this feature useful. My Son (who also uses AWC) on his laptop also uses a power plan (instead of screensaver). Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought / think the power plan is the better way to help with the environment and saving your monitor because it actually powers off (or powers down) the monitor.

While the screensaver protects the screen from burn, LCD and LED monitors don't have (as I understand it) burn in issues. They do, though, consume power when on in screen saver mode, plus it uses up the life of the product. By powering down / off the monitor, you save power and the life of the product.

Being able to pause AWC when the monitor is off (at least automatically) would be helpful for the same reason to pause AWC automatically when the screensaver starts up.

OH, at least on my system, if I start up the screensaver and power down/off together, for some reason the system snaps the monitor back on and both end. Maybe it is a glitch in my system, but it is why I don't work them together and prefer the power plan over the screensaver. If it is a glitch, I'd love to hear and -- if possible -- have some suggestions on figuring it out.

Thanks for all your help and support,

Bert.
BMoshier
Inner circle

Return to Change Requests