Windows 7 - Help! My AWC icon has disappeared

Post the details of any problems you are having with the AWC here.

Windows 7 - Help! My AWC icon has disappeared

Postby SteveM_Admin » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Changes to the Windows interface in Windows 7 mean that the AWC icon that appears in the notification area of the taskbar is hidden. The icon is still available but to see it you now have to click on the little arrow in the tray to bring up a menu of available icons. This is the case for all such icons, not just AWC.

As this defeats the point of having the icon, as a simple way to get at the AWC menu, you should change the notification settings for the icon by following these instructions:

1: Click the little arrow in the notification area to bring up the notification icon menu:

2: Click the Customize option on the menu to open a new window where you can change the behaviour of the icons

3: Find the AWC icon in the list and change the setting to Show Icon and notifications and click OK to apply the change.

Your AWC icon will now appear so that you can right click it to get the actions menu.

Steve Murphy
Site Admin

Re: Windows 7 - Help! My AWC icon has disappeared

Postby gordol » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Sometimes, the icon truly is GONE. It is NOT in the notification panel at all, but the program is still running and shows in Task Manager.
Friend of the family

Postby Mr. Jiggs » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Microsoft has a "fix" for this…
Mr. Jiggs

Postby BMoshier » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:51 pm

I tried both fixes (the one suggested by Steve and the one with the Microsoft fix). Neither of them bring AWC 4.10.14 on my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP 1 system back to the icon tray.

NOTE: If I tell the icon tray to show ALL icons, AWC then appears. BUT should I then remove the check and tell it to go back to the hidden behavior, AWC does NOT go with the other icons. Instead it stays on the task bar on the right hand side.
Inner circle

Return to Support