Strange issue: AWC enter CPU loop when trying to open D driv

Post the details of any problems you are having with the AWC here.

Strange issue: AWC enter CPU loop when trying to open D driv

Postby BMoshier » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:57 pm

Hello,

I'm seeing a new issue with AWC after installing System Mechanic, which Dell provided to me. System Mechanic might be a red herring or it might be the cause, but ...

What I'm seeing is when I open AWC and click on the menu bar for "View by folder" -> Add Folder -> And then click on the Plus Sign for the D (SATA II) drive, I get the new "Windows 7" version of the hour glass. The CPU for one of my cores goes to 100% (quad core so the system goes to around 24.9%) and stays there. I'll let it run for 15 minutes or so and then kill AWC off. I tried uninstalling (removing all the files) and reinstalling. I'm on version 4.11.

I can load the files using the "View Files" and finding each individual file, but hey, that's time consuming. After doing this so many times, honestly, I'd love to see a combination of "folder" and "file" instead of them individually. OK, maybe keep folder as it is but add some folder like abilities to file (e.g. the ability to click on a FOLDER and get all of its files and sub-directory files without drilling down, getting them, and coming back up, rinse, and repeat).

Bottom line, though, is I have a 100% CPU (for 1 core) hit and would appreciate help.

Bert.
BMoshier
Inner circle

Re: Strange issue: AWC enter CPU loop when trying to open D

Postby BMoshier » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:22 pm

Hey, just checking in to see if a reply exists. I'm still seeing the issue, BTW.
BMoshier
Inner circle

Return to Support